Monday, October 31, 2011

Blessings in a Bag

So, remember how my last blog post talked about ice cream..... and how Kent always asks for "Blue Bell" .... Well this was my Mother-in-loves fix for that.... always creative.  An Ice Cream maker, and it doesn't doesn't require ice!  HOW COOL is that?!?!  Ice is always in short supply in our town!


 With Summer teams we always get goodies.  Gram always sends stuff.  I order things that I need for school, or gifts for the girls.  Usually we are limited to one or two bags.
 But those bags can hold some AMAZING things!  Like YUMMY cereal!  Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds and Honey Nut Cheerios are two of our MOST favorite flavors!
And Corn chips...... so wonderful!  I miss me some chips and salsa! crayons, tang, mac and cheese, spices..... the list goes on and on.  I LOVE the personal things too.  Like my dad sent our old recorders and a pitch pipe as well as his piano book!
 One of the best items that those bags bring is.... BIBLES!  They are so expensive here, so we try and have the teams bring over English NIV bibles, so that we can use our bible money for purchasing Acholi Luo bibles. Oh the blessings of short term teams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And how does that "ice cream" taste? Have we tried to make any yet?