Saturday, January 16, 2010

Quick up date...

Life has been so busy around here.... I'm not quite sure why..... it might have something to do with the fact that we are moving to AFRICA in a few days. This after our whirlwind Christmas visits. Time has a way of getting away from you. I should be in bed right now.... it is 1:30, but I am SO enjoying the quiet that I just can't seem to make my self turn in.

SO in case I haven't told you lately, or in case you need reminding GOD IS AWESOME!! He works in mysterious ways!! I don't even know were to begin...... how about our house. Not or Waco house, our Uganda House.

Houses, we have been told, are EXTREMELY hard to come by in our town. There are a lot of non-government organizations that are based there, so houses are snapped up as soon as they become available. not only that they are expensive. Our budget for rent was originally $1000 - in a third world country!

In my mind, I have been prepared to live in a small 2/1 house. However, my loving husband and Kids have been praying and asking God for a nice house. Not that I haven't, but, he has really been asking God to more than we could ask or imagine!

So we received an email on Monday.... that a house was available NOW and if we wanted it we needed to send three months rent RIGHT AWAY! We thought that this was the more that you could ask or imagine house.... it had 4 bedrooms/3 baths. I didn't even know that big houses existed in our town. So we jumped on the opportunity. But with the time differences and other things, our money didn't get there fast enough, and the house was rented by someone else.

WELL, that is OK cause GOD has something better (we believe)! There is a NEW house with large bedrooms (we think there are 3) and two bathrooms and a large kitchen (which is unusual in Africa) plus it has a GARAGE and a fenced in yard!! Keep in mind that Africa "new" is probably not the same as USA "new" - in the sense that it will still probably be made from cinder block. and have cement floors, but never been lived in!

It still needs a little bit of work to be finished, and they are going to use our first 3 months rent (which is already in place) to complete it and it should be ready when we get there, if not shortly there after!! Isn't that AMAZING!!! God is so GOOD!!!!

Another blessing...... I have been praying for a new camera. Mine is over 5 years old and has taken THOUSANDS of pictures.... and was really on it's last leg. Plus my "big lens" quit working this summer. So I had a few things on a "wish list". TODAY we get an email that there is a girl in our church that has a new camera for sale, with two lenses, and a ton of other goodies. We talked about it, and decided that it was too good a deal to pass up. We got a new Camera!!! When I went to pay for it, the girl said that there were SEVEN other people that were interested in it, none felt that it was the right time. One looker even prayed about it, and felt that God told him no.

GOD ANSWERS OUR PRAYER AND KNOWS THE DESIRES OF OUR HEARTS!!!!

OK one quick story. I'm not sure that I can make this should as funny as it was, but I am going to give it a try.

So Curly Sue and Snuggle Bug were smelling a candle in my room. SB was rubbing her finger on the wax, when CS said, "OH no....." At which point I look up to see what is going on. I think she is going to comment on how her sister's is going to smell like a flower or something. Instead she says "...... now it's gonna smell like finger." (referring to the candle)

Hope you gotta good smile from that one, and were encouraged by the rest!!

1 comment:

Lori E. said...

Becky, I can't wait until you get settled and get to blog about your new adventure and post a lot of pictures!! Our family will be praying for your family. God's greatest blessings to you all. You deserve all of them!