Sunday, September 6, 2009

S's Birthday

Yes.... I am behind, but better late than never, right?? H & S's b-days are two days apart. That usually means lots of parting in the Forester house!! Curly Sue's birthday is first. She lost her first tooth on her 5th birthday! I don't know if you can see it.... but she already had her new tooth coming in behind her baby one, so we were all eager to get the baby out of the way.Big Sister lovingly volunteered her many years of tooth pulling experience to help out the tooth situation. However..... even with her patient wrapped in a blanket, her delicate fingers just weren't strong enough to get the job done, so in the end Daddy had to do the "dirty" work.
OK every one can Ooo and Ahh over those gorgeous curls. let me answer a few questions that most of you are probably wanting to ask..... 1. Yes is is natural. 2. We think that Kent's granddad might have had curly hair, only he kept it so short and slick that no one knows for sure just HOW curly it really was. 3. Yes it is very easy to take care of: wet, comb, condition and we are done. 4. You might be able to touch it if you ask nicely AND Curly is in a good mood.
I say all that because I LOVE this picture of her hair, it shows off the curls well, AND those are the answers to the questions I get asked AT LEAST 4-5 times a day. Only, most people don't ask if they can feel her hair, they just do. I digress....... Here Curly is opening up her presents.

OK so now for my sob story...... S (or Curly's) big day fell on a Friday this year, that meant that H's (name to soon follow) fell on Sunday. SO we planned a big party for both of them for the Saturday in between, PERFECT, right?

Well it would have been if I hadn't gotten sick. I started feeling puny when I woke up that morning, but knowing that I had two girls eagerly awaiting their cakes, I put my illness aside and started decorating the cakeS. I started shortly after breakfast, and didn't get finished until 3:30. Sadly enough this wasn't because I was creating a birthday masterpiece, if was simply because every thing took SO much effort!

When I was finished I CRASHED, and I never go back up. Here is were I award Kent and his friends the Father of the Year award. You see of the two other families that were coming, one mom had just gotten out of the hospital, and the other mom decided not to come when she heard that I was sick. So Kent, and two daddies had a birthday party with 10 kids + a few other adult friends.

I have never had to miss one of my children's birthday parties before. (I came close when Curly was born, we just postponed the party a few weeks, but I didn't MISS it). It was heart wrenching!! I cried when I heard them start singing "Happy Birthday" to take the cakes out. The girls however were SO sweet and understanding. They are very precious.

Needless to say, I didn't get very many pics of the party, I didn't snap a picture of the cakes, and I never really took any pictures of H opening her presents the next day either. =( So sad!

2 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

OH my gosh...her hair is amazing!! It gets better and better, huh? :) And I love the picture of the "patient" wrapped in the blanket...do we have a dentist on our hands? :) Sorry to hear about you getting sick...hope you're feeling better!! :)

Meldrum Fam said...

so sad you were sick on the bday party! bummer! wish i had seen the cakes. i am sure they were great. you are such a good mom. can't believe you have had to move so much. what's the latest plan on when you move overseas? love you guys.