Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Randomness.

We are on the tail end of a whirl-wind traveling extravaganza! We have been in Lubbock, Waco, Gulf Shores - AL, Canun - Mexico, back to Lubbock were we currently are residing. On Sunday, however, we will return to the big city of Waco, for a few weeks of R&R or at least less traveling!

Once I get the back to Waco and have access to my memory card reader, I will post pictures of all our adventures! My most recent and exciting photo session was of the girls in the pumpkin patch. It was a bitter sweet moment for me. Hubby and I sold pumpkins for NINE years. I have more pictures of my kids in orange than any thing else. So after not selling pumpkins for the past two years, I was really excited to add to my photo collection. I was especially excited about snapping a few pics of Snuggle Bug, since she was only two months old the last time we had the chance to capture pumpkin memories. That was the sweet part.

The bitter part .... well it was a harsh reminder that we are about to embark on an adventure that will keep us away from friends, loved ones and all things as we know it for at least three years. Don't get me wrong I am ready, and excited to experience all that God has for us in Uganda. but there is always that tiny part of you that knows you are going to miss home.

All this traveling and moving around, as hard as it has been, has been beneficial in some ways.
1. We have gotten rid of TONS of stuff!
2. It has increased my desire to settle down, even if it is in Africa.
3. It has helped decrease my attachment to friends, and increase my attachment to Jesus!

Matthew 10:36-38 (New International Version)
37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

2 comments:

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

we're praying for you guys!!!

Laura said...

Hi Laura Willits here... Did you know I have a blog and would love for you to follow it if you want.. so look me up Laura's Life..
Blessings
Laura herself..