Thursday, February 12, 2009

We are Home!!!!

OK - -- I know that most of you feel like we fell off the planet..... but we are back now and we have a lot of great stories/pictures to share.

We have been home for two hours now.... It took us more than 30 hours to get home. We actually spent almost 20 hours in one plane - 8+ hr flight from Cape Town to Dakar, then a 2 hr Layover IN THE PLANE, then another 9 hr flight from Dakar to NY. After we arrived State side we flew NY to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Dallas, THEN we had a 2 hr drive!!!

Needless to say everyone, but myself went straight to bed EXHAUSTED!! I on the other hand had to check out all the wonderful things that were done while I was gone!! My wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law came to my house last weekend and cleaned, washed sheets, did laundry, filled the pantry and even cooked a few meals and put them in the freezer. Plus the girls all had cute Valentines on their pillows. WE are SOOOOOOOOOOO spoiled!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Currently, I am trying to fight jet lag by staying up..... My body feels like it is one or two in the AM, I am shocked when I look at the clock and it is only 9:00PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GOD's BLESSING!!

Thinking about how spoiled I am reminded me of a recent discovery that I made.

In preparing our taxes for 2008, I went through all of our bank statements for the year. I added up all the deposits that were from Kent working and then I added up all the deposits that were gifts and blessings from our friends and family who are supporting us. What we "made" and what we were blessed with were almost the same. The difference was only $2000!!! But then I started to think about it....... and the total of what we were blessed with didn't include $ from my mom and grandmother or all the walmart cards that Kent's mom gave us!!

When you add that in...... the amount surpasses what we were able to earn on our own.

AND...... that doesn't include anything that was contributed to our trip(s) through the church!

My only purpose in stating any of this is to bring HIM glory! (and to say thank you to all those who allow God to use you in our lives!!!)

You would think that by now I would be used to God's faithfulness and provision, but it still blows me away at times when I think about ALL He has done in the last two years!!

HE IS A GOOD FATHER WHO IS ABLE TO IMMEASURABLY MORE THAN WE COULD ASK OR IMAGINE!!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Welcome home!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see some pics!

Regina said...

Becky and Kent,
Man ya'll are troopers. How did the girls weather all that? You would have had to peel me off the ceiling. Especially the 2 hour lay over just sitting on the plane. That is awesome that your mother in law and sister in law did all that. What a blessing!!!! Promise me we WILL get together soon. Boy,GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!
Blessings.......
Thanks for the blog comment..HeeHee Love it.....

Tressa said...

I am so so so happy to hear your home. I actually drove by on Wednesday cause I knew you would be coming home soon. I cant wait to see/hear about your time. I have already heard lots of super amazing things, and cant wait to get your perspective of it all!
Please, please, please let me know if I can do anything for you!!
LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!! So glad you guys had a Wonderful Trip. Can't wait to hear your stories of adventure. Love you guys!
Jim & Toni