Monday, September 29, 2008

Wish List - UPDATED!!

I was laying in bed last night thinking about all the wonderful books that I wanted to add to our collection to be read and treasured by all the girls, when I remembered a box of books in the attic. I just got up there and looked........ I have the Anne of Green Gables books (the first three), and a ton of other great books as well!! (THANK YOU MOM for not letting me throw/give away books!!) We have A wrinkle in Time, The Cricket in Times Square, Strawberry Girl, Mr. Poppers Penguins and many others!!

The Amazon list has more than just the Anne and Little Women series, and it has some movies as well. But don't feel like you have to buy from amazon, it was just a convenient way to keep a wish list. I will keep adding to and taking off the items that we want/receive so that we don't get doubles!! THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS AND AUNTS AND ALL!!!



O. K. I know that I have gone a little crazy on the posts tonight but I have some making up to do!

I have spent the last few weeks listening to Little Women and Anne of Green Gables on my ipod and I have loved it!! I am so into these stories about girls and I can't wait to read them to MY girls. But I don't know how long we will have access to a public library and there are a few that would like to have so we can read them no matter where we are. In order to help acquire all the wonderful books that we want I have started a wish list at Amazon.com. The link is over on the right of my blog. With Christmas coming up....... I thought that books would be a great way to compromise between toys and not wanting more stuff to have to pack or store or give away.

After listening to both those books I found myself wanting to use some of the vocabulary in my every day speech. Mekala is suffering the same fate. She is currently reading the Chronicles of Narnia set and is on the last of seven books. (I believe that she has developed the Cunningham love of books!!)

The other day we were in the bathroom when she exclaimed,"It's dreadfully hot in here!"

"Dreadfully, did you just say dreadfully?" was my shocked response. (dreadfully is a very Anne of Green Gables kind of word)

"Yes I did, it's dreadfully hot in here."

"Do you know what dreadfully means?"

"Yes, very bad."

I was so surprised and delighted all at the same time!!! I can't wait to start reading more of these classic books with my sweet girls!!!

2 comments:

Starr said...

I love it! I do that same thing - change my vocabulary according to what book I'm reading. So fun. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are reading the series and loving them! I think I have all of them from many years back. But I'll try and get sosme of them so you guys will have your own! You'll never grow tired of reading them.

Love you guys so much, gram!