Friday, August 8, 2008

Scrabooking & God's Provision (2 for 1 blog)

I am finding that with six people in our family I have
A. A lot more things to say and share and
B. I have a lot less free time.
I love to Scrapbook, but I haven't done much in almost a year, and the pictures I am currently "on" are now almost 4 years old. I haven't even printed anything to scrapbook since I got my digital camera, everything I am working on is film.

I say all that to say.... that my blog is quickly becoming my "scrapbook". I am one of those people who can't remember anything unless there is a picture of it somewhere. (isn't that right Jenn) So pictures and scrapbooks are vital for my memories. There is a company that can "slurp" your blog and make it into book. ( http://www.blurb.com/ ) That is perfect for me, by blogging I "kill two birds with one stone"; I keep up with friends and family & I end up with a scrapbook of all our memories, plus I write them while the memories and emotion is fresh. (There is nothing more challenging for me than to try and recall why I took a certain picture and how it made me feel.)

Now for the "memory of the day"

God is soooooo good!! Most of you already know that. But there are times when I have a hard time remembering that fact. Last week Kent and I were down to our last $150, that was it, when it was gone, it was gone. But $100 of it we had set aside to use as a blessing. We are blessed and we always want to be a blessing.
We determined that we were not going to spend that $100 dollars on our family, that we would find someone that we could bless. Our friends were having a bake sale/lemonade stand to raise funds for a rescue center in Haiti. http://haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com/ We took $50 and "gave to the cause".
It was a step of faith on our part. At times my mind thinks about all the groceries I could buy, the shoes the kids need, the gas our car drinks...... but we wanted to trust God and wait for HIS provision.
HE didn't fail us, and he never does. We were blessed with $1100 in the course of a week. Gifts, people who new things were tight and wanted to bless, to give with the same faith that God would provide if ever they were in need. Praise the Lord!!

Thank you Jesus for taking care of us. I hope that I will learn to trust you more and more. I don't want to look at what lies ahead of us with fear or doubt. I want to face life with confidence in both my heart and mind that you will meet our every need! Help me reach that place where you truly are my everything.

4 comments:

The Speer Family said...

Thanks for posting about that blurb thing. I will have to check it out. I am having a HUGE problem staying on top of my memories for all the kids. Maybe that would help.

Anonymous said...

It's such a testimony to see our prayers answered through your faith and trust in God.

By giving him all the Glory he will show Himself strong and clear in your daily walk.

May God continue to bless

Gram & Pop

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl! This is Christa Checki (Kelley). Jen gave me your site, and I wanted to say hi. If there is a better way to get ahold of you please let me know. I didn't notice another way to communicate on this site than to write a comment. Jen can give you my information to reach me at my space.

Love,
Christa

Kelly said...

I put the past year of my blog in a blurb book and it turned out really nice. I plan to do it once a year now. It did take me a long time to edit and get the layout on each page just exactly the way I wanted it, but it was SO worth it.