Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hand made with Love.

My Hannah is a gift person. If you want her to "feel the love", get her a gift. However she loves to give gifts. I think she love to give them more than she does get them. She is always, let me repeat, ALWAYS going around the house looking for things to wrap up and give to people. (BTW the wrapping is an important part of the gift giving process. if it is not beautifully wrapped, then....... I don't know what would happen, it's just important.) When we are at the store, it is the same thing..... "Mommy, can we get So-and-so this." , "No, Honey, not today", "Please, I really want to get them something.", "No, we already got them something.", "Can we get them something else?" and on, on it goes until we leave the store.



I truly want to nurture this generous spirit, I don't ever want her to become greedy, or selfish. But there needs to be a balance. ................. I think. ................... or does there? I don't know. I wish we had all the money in the world so that she could give to her heart's desire, but we don't (at least not now), so for now we will try and find a balance.



One way includes hand made gifts, easy on the pocket book, yet thoughtful and loving.




This is what she made for Emma's birthday. She has been eye-balling this doll idea in a craft book for months. And I being the tired and overwhelmed mother that I usually am, have always told her "no", or "not now", or "maybe later". But this time I gave in. I drew the "pattern" and cut it out, but she did all the rest. It took her several days to get it finished, and she did most of the sewing & drawing & stuffing. She even picked out and put on the "belt". This was the first time I had ever helped make a doll. I think for our first time it turned out pretty good. And most importantly Emma likes her.
Hannah took this picture of Emma with her new doll.
And she took this artistic picture of the doll in the grass."Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."Luke 6:37-39


Lord, may Hannah always be a giver. Use this gift that she has to change lives. There are so many people in need of so many things, help her to know who and what to give herself to. And may the receivers of her gifts always see Jesus at the heart of her gift and her love.

1 comment:

The Speer Family said...

Thanks for sharing that story. I loved it.

Jenn