Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Loss for Words

The past few days have been an emotional roller coaster for me and my family. In the middle of the frantic last minute details of packing for an overseas trip, we had a family emergency develop.

A dear close friend of our had a few moments of weakness that snowballed into out of control indulgence. It came out of left field and it rocked our world. I have never experienced anything like it.

I can't even begin to describe the agony my heart felt as I cried out to Jesus on behalf of our friend. Even now, the thought, rips my heart apart and brings tears.

BUT there is a "bright side". Any situation that allows you to see God's provision (again) is good. Through connections Kent has here in Waco, he was able to fly directly to Lubbock to be there and encourage our friend. Finding the connection was a miracle in and of it's self, but it gets better.

God provided the $ to cover the cost of the fuel (Jet fuel is expensive!). A Friend here in Waco, saw the need for Kent to be there, and he was willing to cover the cost!

Before Kent even left things were already looking better for our friend. Praise the Lord!! He heard the cries of my heart and so many others (Many who don't even know our friend).

Plus, I was able to use this experience to teach my children how to "stand in the gap". We talked about how sometimes people need our help connecting to Jesus!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for filling our lives with awesome friends who are willing to stand in the gap and agree with you for the well being of people they don't even know!! Friends who are willing to go with you into battle! I am so blessed to be where you have put me.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

I was here! And I'm hoping your friend is back on an even keel.