Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a good day! I determined in my heart that today I would enjoy whatever the Lord had in store for me. It was wonderful.

My day started with my daughter telling me I didn't have to get up yet, that I could go back to bed and sleep in. (I didn't, but it would have been nice.) Then she brought me a single, long-stem, red rose surrounded by baby's breath. (Beautiful.) I enjoyed a long quiet shower. And then I entered the dining room and found that my sweet husband had veered from his standard "breakfast" (pancakes) and went with my preferred breakfast of waffles. (Yummy, Yummy). There were also, 12 white roses waiting for me on the table! I couldn't believe my eyes. One rose was awesome, but another dozen! (Oo-la-la). (I took pictures, but I am too tired to post them)

Then we rushed off to church. (a little late, but not bad.) After church we had lunch a Taco Cabana. (I always choose Mexican)I was a little rough to start with, long morning and all. (not to mention low blood sugar), but after everyone had eaten a little things were great!

We went home and played a game of "LIFE". (I won!! ) Then we headed to Wal-mart to fulfill Sarah's month long wish of getting a sand box! (woo hoo! more sweeping!) We played in the sand box while Dad started dinner. Kent and the girls ate the fish he caught on Saturday morning and I had leftovers. (I don't do fish!) (we were supposed to have a yummy roast, but it wasn't done yet (Yea no cooking tomorrow!))

A story, some kisses and lots of hugs later here I am. I love being a mom!

I know I have said it before, Lord, but thank you for my kids!! Thank you for teaching me how to be a better Mom. Thank you for changing my heart on homeschooling, I am having the time of my life!! You are so good to know what we REALLY need, which is always SO much better that what we THINK we need.

1 comment:

Tressa said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! It looks like you had a sweet day with your family.

Im glad you had determined you would enjoy your day no matter what- and there were no disappointments! I had to prepare myself the same way!!

Look forward to hanging out with you soon!